The laboratory Batch High Shear Mixer design consists of a single stage four-blade rotor that turns at high speed within a stationary stator. As the rotating blades pass each opening in the stator, they mechanically shear particles and droplets, and expel material at high velocity into the surrounding mix, creating intense hydraulic shear. As fast as material is expelled, more is drawn into the bottom of the rotor/stator generator, which promotes continuous flow and fast mixing.
Laboratory High Shear Mixer Video Overview
- 1 HP drive, 115 volt, 50/60 Hz, single phase, 20 amp motor
- Mixer and controls are wired and include a cord and plug
- IP55/NEMA 12 motor
- Variable speed control from 500 - 10,000 rpm (+/- 1% speed accuracy)
- Color touch screen control and display including RPM, percent of load, batch timer and temperature (up to 300°F or 150°C)
- Electronic pushbutton lift
- Stainless steel type 316 wetted parts
- Sturdy frame for bench mounting
- All non-stainless steel external surfaces coated with a white two-part epoxy paint
- Easy to disassemble and clean
- High Shear Mixer (Rotor/Stator) attachment is interchangeable with High Speed Disperser and other attachment options.