High Shear Mixer 100 Series - 1.5 HP
The Batch High Shear Mixer design consists of a single stage four-blade rotor that turns at high speed within a stationary stator. As the rotating blades pass each opening in the stator, they mechanically shear particles and droplets, and expel material at high velocity into the surrounding mix, creating intense hydraulic shear. As fast as material is expelled, more is drawn into the bottom of the rotor/stator generator, which promotes continuous flow and fast mixing.
The batch model can be either mounted to a vessel or suspended over a vessel on a portable lift. The mobile configuration offers the flexibility to use a single mixer in multiple vessels. It also allows the user to vary the position of the stator to process different materials and batch sizes.
The rotor/stator of the batch model is generally positioned 2 - 3 head diameters off the bottom of the vessel, and slightly off center. To ensure adequate suspension of heavier solids, the rotor/stator generator may be positioned in the center of the vessel. Interchangeable stators provide unlimited flexibility to adopt to a variety of product formulations.
Standard General Features
- Four (4) blade 2.5" diameter rotor for operation up to 3600 rpm
- Unit is direct-driven by a 1.5 HP explosion proof (Class I, Div. 1, Group D) motor for use with 230/460 VAC, 3 Ph., 60 Hz (starter not included)
- Motor to be coated with white epoxy two-component paint
- Round mounting flange
- Shaft length (from bottom of mounting flange to bottom of stator) to be 24.5"
- Teflon rotor shaft bushing
MATERIALS OF CONSTRUCTION:
- All product contact parts are stainless steel type 316 with exception of the rotor shaft bushing, which is Teflon
- All stainless steel surfaces to have a 32 Ra machined finish
- Slotted stator head
|Lower Flange Diameter||4.25||114|
|Upper Flange Diameter||11||279|
|Weight||90 lbs||41 kg|